Saturday 1 January 2011

New Winter Route Dovestones Quarry

After a visit to the quarry a couple of days prior to this ascent I found the quarry to be in top nick, with turf like concrete and a good covering of snow. Whilst climbing Initiation corner I spotted a new line! I came back a few days later and put up the new 3*  route with my friend Rob T. Description below. 

Tortoise and the Hare VI 6

1st Pitch 6 130ft - Climb up Initiation corner for 50ft to grassy ledge. Traverse right(5m) to gain the scooped groove of Whipper In. Follow this leftwards moving out round its left edge to a pedestal. Continue up turf and cracks to a large flake. Traverse right and belay in the cave.
2nd Pitch 6 30ft - Exit the cave rightwards and hang tough!
3rd Pitch 5 40ft - Climb the wall just left of the chimney of Browns route to reach the top. 

Here are a few photos of my friend Rob T seconding, top effort!



No comments:

Post a Comment